Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 3 - 11th June

I might have overdone the page testing with the API key. The page is refusing to make any more calls to the IN.peopleSearch() API now.
It happened yesterday as well, but got fixed on its own this morning. This led me to believe that there is some sort of daily limit on how often you can use LinkedIn's API features.
I researched a bit online, and found out, that there is a throttle limit on every API key, used to ensure the best experience for all users.

At least I'll be more cautious with the testing now onwards.
Well, owing to this limit, I've been able to get back up to date with regards to blogging!

Also, I found a way to increase the throttle limit. There are a total of 100000 calls allowed. And each unique user is allowed a small fraction of this everyday(Say 100). I'm using my mom's LinkedIn Id as well now for the testing, which has helped me double the limit of calls I can make on the APIs!

No comments:

Post a Comment