Wednesday, June 26, 2013

25th & 26th June

We need a more user-friendly interaction in the web-application which persuades and convinces users to, well, use it. The current setup does not do that. First the NCR login, then the LinkedIn login, and what not.

The flow would be so much easier if the user gets automatically authenticated and then is shown some information about himself/herself. That's when the Common Auth could come in handy. Whenever you open a web page that has the Common Auth utility, it gets your credentials from your Windows account and automatically signs you in. It's currently compatible with Internet Explorer, but I'm sure there's a way to tweak it to run on our application with other browsers like Chrome and Firefox as well.

But all that had to wait. Finally, after four weeks, my own system had arrived. I didn't want it to, though, now that I was so used to Intzar sir's machine, which also had a plethora of softwares installed and bookmarks saved, and I would have to start from scratch on my own machine.

In the meantime, Naveen sir introduced Manbir and me to CVS, a type of version control system. He walked us through the basics and asked us to install some softwares, including a IDE (Eclipse) and Java, on our systems.
I had a lot more things to install on my system before I can get to these.

The system has finally been set up. I had to take a cut from 64-bit to 32-bit, but it's pretty much the same as long as programs and softwares support both. Re-installing wampserver was a pain but I managed with ease, surprisingly. Also installed and bookmarked several essential stuff, including this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment