Tuesday, June 18, 2013

17th June

I incorporated some beautiful and web-friendly Google Web Fonts in my code today, and it seems to be working fine.

I'm still having trouble sharing my database with Manbir; access issues.

Problem Statement:

Find a way to synchronize your code in both systems (Manbir's and mine), so that we are simultaneously working on the same code but on our own. It would all be compiled later on the staging server.

Problems that might occur:

  • Overwrite issues, since we're reading and writing the same file.
  • Loss of project data on all systems working on it, if the PC acting as the sever crashes.
  • PC deployed as server must be on for other systems to access the files.

Apart from that, I was really itching to code, even though it was not the agenda. So I continued debugging and adding more features to web page I was working on, and also managed to find a less 'जुगाड़ू ' way around it. Now the CSS works even when it's included in the head section of the document.
Also, I've had quite a bit of headway in making the page for non-first-time users, where they can view and edit there already-stored skills in the database. Still, I've got lots of brushing up to do on that front, including the feature of removing skills from the database, as well as fixing that 'auto_increment' issue that is for my own personal understanding, so I won't dwell on it any further in this blog at least...


No comments:

Post a Comment