Friday, June 14, 2013

14th June

As expected, today was indeed my weekly evaluation. I showed them the improved version of the page and made Prateek sir log in via his LinkedIn account and add his skills to the database. It worked. He liked it, at least the functioning of it (There's a long way till it comes out looking like something he'd love and endorse).
Nevertheless it was nice to see a smile on his face. Once again, signs of progress are showing. According to them, I had little or no knowledge of coding when I first stepped into this office, which is not entirely true. But I'll go with it because I know much more of it now.


First page (Still in alpha stage)

Skills being displayed for the user

Now that I'm not the only intern working on this project (Enter Manbir Cheema- MCA , Thapar University), all the code related to it has to be synchronized  between both our systems. Kind of like, we will be simultaneously reading and writing the files.
Also, a staging server needs to be set up for testing and revising the web pages before they can go live.
Also, I need to bring Manbir up to date with all the work I've done so far, and make sure all the necessary software to run my webpages has been installed in his system as well.

All this might sound boring from a third person's perspective, but you can't argue that some of the posts are very well written, and subtly informative to some!

This concludes week 3. There's still a long way to go, however...


No comments:

Post a Comment